WTF is an NFT?
… and how do I use The Janky Heist website? A Superplastic NFT Primer!
An NFT, or Non-Fungible Token, is a unit of data stored on a digital ledger called a blockchain, that certifies a certain digital asset to be unique. NFTs can be used to represent items such as photos, videos, audio, and other types of digital files — including the CryptoJanky NFTs that we’re dropping as part of The Janky Heist NFT sale.
HOW DO I SET UP A METAMASK WALLET ?
- Open Google Chrome, Firefox or Brave on your computer and install the MetaMask browser extension. Alternatively download and install the Metamask App for iPhone or Android.
- Open the app and choose “Create Wallet”.
- Create a username and password. Important: Make sure you safely record your Secret Recovery Phrase and store it somewhere secret and safe, as this is the only way to recover your wallet if you lose your device, or ever need to install it on another computer!
HOW DO I CONNECT MY METAMASK WALLET TO THE JANKY HEIST WEBSITE SO I CAN BUY, VIEW, AND TRADE NFTs?
Go to jankyheist.com and find the “Connect Wallet” Link. Follow the prompts to connect your wallet. That’s it!
HOW TO BUY NFTs DURING THE JANKY HEIST AUCTION
You can buy CryptoJanky NFTs directly from the jankyheist.com website between July 13, 2021 and July 22, 2021 (or until all 9,240 have been given away or sell out).
Select the NFT you wish to buy and go through the checkout process, using your credit card for payment. Once done you’ll receive an email with a unique link. Just click the link to add your NFT to your Metamask Ethereum wallet! Note that your NFT has to be generated on the blockchain and your email with your link should arrive within 30 minutes (but often it’s much faster). If you don’t see your email within 30 minutes don’t forget to check your junkmail folder!!
All NFTs are sold using a sale inspired by a Japanese Reverse auction mechanism, in which the price goes down every 24 hours until the auction ends or everything sells out.
BUYING & SELLING NFTs ON THE SECONDARY MARKET ON “THA MARKETPLACE”
Superplastic has also created Tha Marketplace, a trading platform where you can buy, sell, and auction NFTs on the secondary market. All trades on Tha Marketplace are completed in Ethereum directly on the blockchain.
Probably the easiest way to buy and sell Ethereum is to set up an account at Coinbase and follow their instructions. You can pay for your Ethereum using your credit card, or direct bank transfer. Once that’s done you can transfer your Ethereum to your Metamask wallet.
Here are some things you can do on Tha Marketplace:
HOW TO BUY NFTs
- Find an NFT you like on Tha Marketplace.
- If the NFT is listed as For Sale you can buy it using Etherium in your Metamask wallet. If the NFT is listed as FOR AUCTION you can make a bid in WETH.
- Once your purchase is complete (or if you win the auction) your CryptoJanky be added to your MetaMask wallet as soon as the transaction resolves on the blockchain.
HOW TO MAKE AN OFFER
You can make an offer in WETH for any CryptoJanky that isn’t officially for sale. If the owner accepts your offer then your payment will be deducted from your Ethereum wallet, and the CryptoJanky will appear.
HOW TO SELL AN NFT
- Select the NFT you want to sell from the details page of that NFT and hit the SELL button.
- Once a buyer is found the blockchain will transfer your NFT out of your wallet and you’ll receive ETH in payment!